Cauliflower fried rice is extraordinarily nourishing and one of the healthiest meal in the world. It is a good choice of meal for those considering low carb diet and paleo.
This bowl of veggie is amazing, it’s a healthy alternative to regular fried rice.
Meanwhile, my craving for regular fried rice has reduced drastically over the years. Ever since l fell in love with this cauliflower fried rice recipe.
I sometimes pair it with shrimps, beef or chicken. Wish ever one you decide to pair it with. You’ll enjoy and love the recipe. You can have it for lunch or dinner. It’s delicious and completely satisfying.
But for this recipe, I’ll be pairing with shrimps.
It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare, you don’t have to spend too much of your time in the kitchen before coming out with this delish. It’s very simple, easy to make and delicious.
HOW TO PREPARE CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
- The first thing to do is to shred your cauliflower into smaller pieces. You can make use of a kitchen knife to shred or the simplest way is to use the food and set aside.
- Wash the carrots and cut into cubes. Cut the Red ball pepper, grate the ginger, slice the onions and the garlic into smaller pieces and set aside.
- On a medium heat, place your wok or a sauce pan and add the olive oil. Fry the shrimps in the olive oil, add the 1/2 tsp of soy sauce and a dash of black pepper. Toast in the pan for about 5 minutes and until golden brown. Then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, add the sliced onions, minced garlic and ginger to saute. Allow to saute for about 2 minutes before going into the next step.
The above ingredients are the key ingredients that add flavour to the cauliflower fried rice which makes the end result outstanding.
- The next thing is to add the carrots, green peas, red ball pepper, and stir together, stir to fry until a little bit tender. Add the shredded cauliflower, stir everything together until well combined.
- Clear an open spot in the side of the sauce pan to add the scrambled eggs. Then stir well into the mixture. Add soy sauce and black pepper, then sprinkle your spring onions for additional healthy flavour.
- Mix everything together and leave to fry for about 5 minutes and reduce the heat.
- Then serve hot by topping with the shrimps and enjoy!
HOW TO PRESERVE CAULIFLOWER RICE
Cauliflower fried rice can be preserved in the refrigerator for up to 6 days without going bad. But if you want to preserve it for longer days, then consider packing it in a container and put in the freezer.
It can stay in the freezer as long as you want it to stay.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Watch the below video where I’ll be taking you through the recipe step by step.
Cauliflower Fried Rice: Cauliflower Fried Rice With Shrimps
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 300 gram/ half head Cauliflower
- 90 gram green peas
- 100 gram carrotss
- 20-gram fresh ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-size Onions
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Red ball pepper
- 3-4 spring onions
INGREDIENTS FOR SHRIMPS
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 250-gram fresh shrimps
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- pinch of black pepper
INSRUCTIONS FOR THE SHRIMPS
- On medium-high heat, toast the olive oil in the sauce pan or a wok and add the shrimps.
- Fry in the oil, add soy sauce and the black pepper. Allow frying for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
- On medium-high heat, add the olive oil, the sliced onions, the minced ginger, and garlic. Give them a good stir. Allow to saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables: Carrots, the green peas, and the Red ball pepper, stir to fry until a little bit tender. Add the shredded cauliflower, stir everything together until well combined.
- Clear an open space beside the sauce to add the scrambled eggs. Stir and mix everything together.
- Finally, add the soy sauce and the black pepper and mix everything together.
- Allow to fry together for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot by topping with the shrimps and enjoy!