Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is quite popular among various types of frosting. Most cupcakes can’t be complete without frosting especially on special occasions.
The cupcakes serve as the base for the buttercream frosting. The topping makes the cupcakes brighter, colourful and beautiful. It makes them more palatable and tasty.
My simple vanilla buttercream frosting recipe is very easy to make. When you have all the ingredients readily available, it should be ready under 10 minutes.
In little or no time, you’ll forget about the store-bought frosting when you realize how simple and easy a homemade vanilla buttercream is.
I love topping this vanilla buttercream frosting with my vanilla cupcakes. They make a great pair.
HOW TO PREPARE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
The first thing is to sieve your confectionary sugar/ Icing sugar and set aside. The main aim is to make the frosting smooth and lumps free.
In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter. Beat with your hand mixer or stand mixer for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla flavour and the heavy cream, mix everything together. Beat together for about 2 minutes on high speed.
Reduce the speed to avoid splashing, start adding the confectionary sugar. Add in two batches, make sure each batch is well incorporated before adding the next.
Scrape down to the bottom of the bowl and mix everything together thoroughly without a trace of both the dry and the wet ingredients.
Add any colour of your choice to your vanilla buttercream frosting. Mix together with your hand mixer or stand mixer thoroughly.
It seems very easy, right? That’s how simple and easy it is.
HOW TO PRESERVE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM
If you have leftover frosting, you can re-use. All you just have to do is to preserve it in the freezer for a maximum period of three months. Bring it out to defrost when you’re ready to use, drop it in your mixer and whip until it’s creaming again.
HEAVY CREAM VS MILK FOR THE FROSTING
When I started using buttercream for my cakes, milk used to be my favourite until I decided to give heavy cream a try. That’s when I realized what I’ve been missing.
The heavy cream is simply the best. It makes it lighter and smoother with an excellent taste. If you decide to go for milk, it isn’t a bad idea too.
Enjoy with my Easy And Moist Vanilla cupcakes
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting: Easy and Delicious
- 500 g Confectionery sugar/Icing sugar
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 tsp Vanilla flavour11/4 cup Heavy cream/ milk (room temperature)
- 11/4 cup Heavy cream/ milk (room temperature)
- Sieve the confectionary sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add the butter and beat with your hand mixer or stand mixer. Beat for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla flavour and the heavy cream. Mix together with the mixer for about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to avoid splashing, start adding the confectionary sugar. Add in two batches, make sure each batch is well incorporated before adding the next.
- Scrape to the bottom of the bowl and mix everything together thoroughly without any traces of both the dry and the wet ingredients.
- Add any colour of your choice to your vanilla buttercream frosting. Mix together with your hand mixer or stand mixer thoroughly.