Aside from its great taste, carrots and carrot juice provide numerous health benefits.
Carrots are generally accepted orange, yellow, purple scrumptious, crunchy vegetables mostly preferred to be eaten raw.
Actually, munching carrots as a vegetable or snack does not have to be the only way to relish the nutrients in them.
Another way to enjoy carrots is by juicing the veggies which can equally be good.
Though, some people, if you ask them, would tell you they prefer to munch on their carrots rather than taking them in liquids.
This is because most people do not really like the taste of the shafts in the carrot juice, or the delay that comes with gulping the juice.
Though it could be sieved, the nutrients are actually in the sifted shafts.
Therefore, those who belong to this category, would prefer munching on the carrot, which is absolutely okay because the benefits are more or less one and the same.
Carrot juice is mostly recommended for infant.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CARROTS AND CARROT JUICE.
The health benefits of carrots and carrot juice are innumerable.
They have positive effects on almost every organ and system in the body just like nearly any other fruit.
Carrots reduce the risks of different health conditions
- One of the benefits of carrots is to a vital organ in the body: the eye. Carrots contain vitamin A which helps to improve eyesight and is especially essential for night vision.
If you want to boost your eyesight, incorporate carrots into your diet.
2. Carrots help the liver to flush out toxins from the body, and reduces the amount of bile and fat in the liver.
3. Carrots and carrot juice also aid cardiovascular care as they help protect the heart from oxidative impairment, plaque formation and grave cholesterol boost.
4. Carrots are said to help in the reduction in the risk of lung cancer, breast and colon cancer as they are rich in falcarinol, which fights cancers by destroying the pre-cancerous cells in tumors.
5. Similarly, carrots are packed with antioxidants and nutrients, which boosts the immune system and keeps it fit.
6. Another use of carrots is that it helps to scrape off plaque and food particles, especially if eaten raw from the tooth enamel.
7. Carrots also stimulate the gums to help kill the harmful bacteria in the mouth, which can prevent tooth decay.
8. Carrots are a good source of calcium which helps with bone development and maintenance.
The list of the health benefits of carrots is endless as it contains almost all the necessary
vitamins vital for proper growth and development.
Besides the health benefits of carrots, they have but physical benefits too.
PHYSICAL BENEFITS OF CARROTS AND CARROTS JUICE
1. It enhances skin disorder and makes the skin glow
Carrots are known to have several positive effects on the human skin, which includes getting rid of scars and blemishes, wound-healing, and anti-aging.
Carrots are an accelerator for glowing skin due to a large amount of beta carotene. Beta carotene is the vitamin that gives carrot its orange color and helps prevent the degeneration of cells slow aging, and makes the skin glow.
Carrots are a healthier and affordable alternative to skin whitening lotions and ointments, which may have side effects.
For people who have a preference for fair skin rather than a dark one, one of their best natural ingredients is raw carrots or carrot juice.
2. Carrots and carrots juice is rich in vitamin
In addition to making their skins glow, carrots add useful nutrients to the body as they consume it. Carrots are rich in vitamins A, K1, and B6.
3. It prevents hair loss
Carrots and carrot juice also have tangible effects on human hair. Many people
experience breakage with their hair every day probably due to the texture or the length.
However, carrots help prevent hair loss and enable softening of the hair strands and overall shine.
Various research has proven that drinking up to 3 to 4 ounces of carrot juice daily would likely bring out these desired effects. Try eating up to ten carrots every day and thank them later.
Possible side effects of carrots juice
While carrot juice has nutritional and health benefits, it is recommended to drink in moderation as it contains less fiber in comparison with the raw carrot.
It is said that excessive intake of beta-carotene, an antioxidant in carrots, can potentially change the coloring of one’s skin.
The skin may temporarily develop a slightly yellowish or orange tint. As long as carrots are moderately consumed, their effects are positive all through ranging from a boost to your immune system, to hair growth, radiant skin, and so on.
You might also want to read:
How To Make Healthy Carrots Cake: Easy And Moist Recipe
Papaya: 14 Powerful Health Benefits of Papaya Fruit.
12 ways to boost your health, skin, and hair with Garlic
11 proven Health Benefits of Dates for body, hair and skin