The doughnut is one of the snacks that I love so much. It’s fluffy, soft, and tastes super good. I love homemade doughnuts recipe. To me, it tastes better so far you’ve mastered all the technicalities.
I have been making doughnuts for so many years now, but l must say this doughnuts recipe has been my best so far. I can say l get this one right just the way I’ve been longing for.
This doughnuts recipe is absolutely perfect, super soft, and delicious. So l thought of sharing this doughnut recipe here on the blog.
I’m sure you’ll love this just as l do!
However, to be honest you sure need some time to make it, especially if you need to make soft, fluffy and super delicious doughnuts. You can’t make this in a hurry.
Because it is yeast doughnut. it needs some time to rise for a perfect result, and it’s simply the best.
Fried Doughnuts vs Baked Doughnuts.
I’ve baked my doughnuts in a couple of time but to be sincere, baked doughnuts can’t be compared with fried yeast doughnuts.
Fried yeast doughnut is amazing, fluffier and taste super great and yummy than the baked doughnuts.
If you try this recipe, you won’t need any other recipe for doughnuts. You’ll want to stick with this one forever.
Why is my Doughnut not soft and fluffy?
I’ve received this question uncountable times and I thought is a good idea to answer it here.
The key factor in achieving a perfect result is accuracy. Most times, the measuring cups in different countries are not the same. That’s why I prefer using my kitchen scale for recipes.
Kitchen scale is more accurate than cups. When you have the right measurement from the beginning, the end result will be perfect.
If you are a foodie like me, LOL. Try to invest in a kitchen scale.
How to prepare doughnut.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, mix them thoroughly. In another mixing bowl or a large pyress cup, add the warm milk and other wet ingredients, whisk them together. Add the wet ingredients first in your mixing bowl, then followed by the dry ingredients. Mix everything together thoroughly until it becomes a soft dough.
- When everything is properly mixed and form a soft dough. Make the dough in a ball form, grease your bowl with oil then return the dough back into the bowl. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or more( it depends on your kitchen temperature).
- By then it must have doubled in size. Pounch out the gas from the dough with your hand. Then lay it on a floured surface to knead.
- Knead properly between 10-12 minutes until smooth or elastic in nature. If you have your stand mixer, bread mixer or hand mixer, you may want to use it to knead the dough. This takes between 3 minutes and you are done. ( Using hands to mix the dough can be annoying because it’s sticky, so I’d advise making use of your mixer if you own one but otherwise make use of your hands).
- While working with the dough, 1- 2/tbsp of four can be incorporated so that it will be easy to work with the dough.
- If you discover, it’s smooth and elastic in nature, cut some portion of the dough, roll out with your rolling pin. Grab your doughnut cutter.
- In case you don’t have a doughnut cutter, don’t worry you can always look around for a cookie cutter or any small round cutter. Then for the middle part, look also for a small round cutter to carry out this part.
- After all the dough is totally cut out, cover with a clean towel to rest for about 10-12 minutes while you get your frying oil ready for the frying.
How to fry doughnut for best result.
Your frying oil should not be too hot. But make sure the oil is a bit hot before dropping your doughnut into it, you can keep adjusting the temperature.
You don’t need high temperature to fry the doughnut or else it gets burned or too golden brown. Slightly golden brown is perfect for doughnuts.
It doesn’t take much time to cook, 3-4 minutes on medium heat is perfect for the doughnuts.
How to Preserve Doughnuts
It can be preserved in a tight container for about 5- 6 days in the refrigerator.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Simple and perfect Nigerian Egg Rolls
The best fish roll recipe
Nigerian Meat Pie Recipe
Crunchy Nigerian Buns Recipe
Crunchy Nigerian Chin- Chin
I’ve also included the video down below for more detail.
Doughnuts Recipe: How To Make Soft Doughnuts
- 300 grams ( 2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp dry active yeast
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ½ cup warm whole milk or reduced-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250 g confectionery sugar
- 75 g melted butter
- 4 tablespoon whole milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavour
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: Flour, yeast, Sugar, salt,and nutmeg and give them a good stir.
- In another mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients: Milk, egg, vanilla extract and the melted butter, lemon juice and whisk everything together.
- Add the wet ingredients first in your mixing bowl, then followed by the dry ingredients. Mix everything together thoroughly until it becomes a soft dough.
- On a floured surface knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes until the dough is elastic in nature. You can also carry out this process using your stand mixer or hand mixer with the dough paddle.
- Roll out the dough with your rolling pin and start cutting out with your doughnut cutter or any round cutter to form a doughnut shape.
- Cover the cut-out dough with a clean towel and allow to rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place your saucepan on medium heat and pour your frying oil. When the oil is a bit hot, drop the doughnut in the oil one after the other and start frying. (note the oil should be on medium heat, doughnut doesn't require too hot oil to fry. It takes only about 3-4 minutes to fry).
- When you discover that one side is slightly golden brown, Flip to the other side and allow it to fry too. When both sides are golden brown, remove and drain the excess oil. Then it's ready.
- You can either top your doughnut with sugar or glaze with a mixture of powdered sugar, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk everything together: Melted butter, confectionery sugar, whole milk and vanilla flavour extract.
- Drop the doughnuts one after the other in the glaze while still hot.
- Place them on a cooling rack to dry.
- Enjoy your homemade Doughnuts with any drinks of your choice.
12 thoughts on “How To Make Soft And Fluffy Doughnuts.”
I love to try the donuts this weekend
Please do and send your feedback.
I think we your explanation i can now see were i got it wrong. I did mine but it was hard and not fluffy.
Glad you can now correct the mistake and begin to enjoy fluffy Doughnut
Hi can I use butter milk
Yes you can
Why does my doughnuts burn on the under please?
If the oil is too hot, it will burn. The doughnut does not need too much heat, the oil temperature should be between low and medium.
Mine ones were neither fluffy nor perfect
Sorry about that, what could have gone wrong?
The lemon juice mentioned above can it be optional…
Yes it is optional.