If you’re like me, you probably have a lot of things on your to-do list. You want to go back to school, start that business, write a novel…the list goes on and on! These are positive habits to create an epic life.
But I’ve found that it’s best not to focus on what we want to do in life; instead, why don’t we focus on how we want to feel?
If you’re feeling good and happy with your life then chances are you’ll be able to accomplish all those other things.
So let’s take some time today and explore how you can cultivate positive habits in your day-to-day life that will lead you down the path toward an epic existence
Positive habits add more positive energy to every aspect of our lives.
That is, our success and whatever we become in life are dependent on our day-to-day activities which in turn become our habits
This is because our habits to a considerable extent reflect who we are and the morals and values which we stand for.
And we as humans actually know the helpful habits and the ones which are harmful to our well-being.
But it’s one thing to know something and it’s another to strictly abide by it.
A habit is a consistent practice; it is something that slips in unconsciously.
You’ll be surprised at how your life can take a huge toll when you inculcate some positive habits into your day-to-day work.
Although changing and bringing in new habits may not always be easy because your body system has been used to a particular way of doing something nevertheless, it will get used to it with time.
Developing a positive and healthy routine models your life into the perfect shape that is best for you.
Also, It gives you a sense of fulfillment every morning and keeps you going even amid challenges; this is what cultivating healthy habits does to you.
And in this article, you’ll be seeing healthy habits that you need to cultivate to live the epic life that you desire.
Positive Habits To Create An Epic Life
1. Wake up early
Waking up early is a great way to start your day, and it’s something that can be done by anyone.
When you wake up early, you give yourself time to relax before the rest of the world wakes up.
You also have more time for exercise or other activities that may not be possible later in the day.
Wake up at least 30 minutes before work or school starts, so you don’t feel rushed when trying to get ready for either one of those things!
If possible, try setting an alarm earlier than usual until it becomes easier for your body clock (or circadian rhythm) to adjust its sleep schedule accordingly.
2. Learn to meditate
One of the positive habits to create an epic life is to learn the act of meditating.
Meditation is one of the best ways to train your mind. It can help you focus, sleep better and even be happier. Here are a few other benefits:
- It will make you more productive by helping reduce stress and anxiety that may hold back progress on your goals.
- Meditation will help improve health by lowering blood pressure, reducing inflammation in the body, and boosting the immune system.
- It’s also been shown that meditation lowers cortisol levels which are key for weight loss since this hormone triggers hunger pangs when released in high amounts.
3. Set goals and smash them
The third habit is to set goals. You might be thinking, “Of course, I should set goals! That’s obvious.” But it’s not always easy to do this and stick with it.
We all have so much going on in our lives that sometimes we get sidetracked or lose sight of what’s important to us.
Or maybe you’re excited about a goal but don’t know how to get started or keep going once the initial excitement wears off:
- What are my top three priorities right now?
- What do I want my life/business/relationships to look like 6 months, 1 year, and 5 years from now?
Once you’ve answered these questions (and do some research), write down the answers on paper or type them into an app if writing isn’t your thing, so that they’re accessible at all times when inspiration strikes!
4. Take cold showers
Take cold showers. Cold showers are one of the simplest and most effective ways to boost your mood, energy levels, and overall health.
When you take a cold shower, your body releases endorphins that make you feel good mentally as well as physically.
In addition to boosting your mood, cold showers can improve circulation throughout your body which can help with chronic pain issues such as arthritis or fibromyalgia.
They also reduce stress levels by lowering cortisol production in the body.
If there’s anything worse than feeling tired after a long day at work then it must be feeling tired AND stressed out!
The benefits don’t stop there though – taking regular ice baths has been shown to increase libido in men, reduce inflammation in joints due to arthritis & joint pain, improve blood pressure & even treat depression symptoms.
5. Exercise every day
Exercise is essential for your health and longevity, but it’s also good for your mental well-being. The benefits of exercise include:
- Burning calories, which helps you lose weight and keep it off.
- Improving your heart and lung function, which means less chance of getting sick or having a heart attack later in life.
- Helping you sleep better by releasing feel-good hormones like serotonin that help regulate sleep cycles (and therefore mood). This also means less fatigue during the day!
- Reducing anxiety by lowering cortisol levels in the body, this can make even just a 10-minute walk around the block incredibly beneficial!
6. Read as much as possible
Reading is a great way to learn about the world. It can help you improve your vocabulary, learn about other cultures and religions, and become more knowledgeable in general.
If you have time to read every day then this habit will be easy for you to incorporate into your life.
Reading fiction books is also an excellent way of escaping from reality and getting lost in someone else’s story, this can be especially helpful if you’re feeling stressed out or depressed because it allows for some mental space away from negative thoughts or emotions.
7. Plan your meals and snacks in advance
Planning your meals and snacks in advance will help you save time, money, and energy.
It also means that when hunger strikes during the day you’re less likely to grab something unhealthy as a result.
Planning out your meals ahead of time can also help with shopping by enabling you to buy in bulk at stores where they offer discounted prices on large quantities of certain foods like produce or meat products.
This gives us more options of what we want or can afford instead of being limited by what local grocery stores sell at their normal prices per item (which may be higher than buying from wholesale warehouses).
8. Journal your thoughts and feelings regularly
One of the most important things you can do to create an epic life is to journal your thoughts and feelings regularly.
Journaling allows you to reflect on your life, but it is also a great way to get in touch with your feelings.
This can be especially helpful if you find it difficult or uncomfortable to talk about yourself or sharing things with others.
By keeping a journal, you’ll have an outlet for all those things that need saying but don’t quite fit into the conversation, like “I feel lonely sometimes” or “I wish there was more meaning in my work.”
9. Eat healthy foods
Eating fruits and vegetables is very good for our health and inculcating this habit daily is one of the most important positive habits to create an epic life.
Try to always avoid processed foods, including those with added sugar or saturated fats, trans fats, and artificial sweeteners.
Don’t eat too much salt either; it can raise your blood pressure and increase the risk of stroke and heart attack if you have high cholesterol levels or diabetes.
10. Try new things
You always try new things every day. Try a new food, try a new sport, try a new hobby.
Try a new place to visit or live in for a few days (or weeks). Try a career that you have never considered before.
11. Spend time with friends and family members who make you happy
Spend time with friends and family members who make you happy. Avoid spending time with people who make you feel bad about yourself.
Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself, or at least not bad.
Spend time with people who are fun to be around, even if they don’t have much money or power in the world.
12. Do something that feels scary every day (like public speaking)
Public speaking is a fear that many of us share. It’s one of those things that can make you feel like your heart is going to explode.
But it’s an important skill to learn and practice if you want to be able to speak confidently in front of others.
So how do you get over this fear? Well, start by doing something small every day that makes you feel uncomfortable like public speaking!
13. Dress well and smartly
14. Focus on the most important tasks first
15. Show appreciation to people around you.
16. Stay dehydrated.
17. Create consistent routines
There’s no doubt you’ve heard the phrase, “ Consistency is key. ” This is 100% true. To some degree, your success in anything is based upon following a routine.
Everyone likes to feel in control. Creating routines can help you feel more in control of your day and ultimately your life. Consistency, seeing progress, and knowing where you are going helps you create routines that stick.
18. Do away with things you don’t need again
19. Take a break from social media when you’re too occupied
20. Reduce your sugar intake.
21. Plan ahead.
22. Learn to save for rainy days.
23. Live in the moment.
24. Be positive towards life
25. Invest in knowledge.
26. Practice gratitude and be thankful always.
27. Prioritize self-care
We all have our own style of taking care of ourselves — I like to take a nice bath or two a week.
You may find that making time for yourself by meditating or taking walks helps you feel more at peace.
28. Do away with negative people around you.
29. Be compassionate.
30. Don’t be too comfortable in your comfort zone
31. Practice self-love.
32. Explore and take risks.
33. Don’t neglect your body
36. Create boundaries with people
37. Build a network of trustworthy and reliable friends
38. Avoid multi-tasking.
39. Write and keep a journal.
40. Stay motivated at all times.
41. Don’t live in the past
42. Create productive routines.
44. Don’t always listen to the opinion of others about you
45. Create time for yourself.
46. Invest in supportive relationships.
47. Be real.
48. Be open-minded
49. Stop complaining.
50. Find and follow your passion.
51. Invest and save more often.
52. Stop comparing.
53. Be happy- learn to enjoy the moment.
54. More action less talking.
55. Outline a time management timetable.
56. Stay positive at all time
57. Soak in positive affirmation.
58. Develop a healthy skin routine.
59. Pray Always.
60. Connect to nature.
61. Try minimalism.
62. Be observant.
63. Analyze your day.
64. Practice cleanliness
65. Speak your feelings.
66. Avoid procrastination.
67. Live according to your resources.
68. Explore your creative side.
69. Get adequate and quality sleep daily
70. Be kind to yourself.
71. Be consistent.
72. Limit the number of decisions you make
73. Stay positive at all time
74. Show sympathy and empathy to people around you
75. Don’t look down on yourself
76. Be patience
Positive Habits have the ability to make you become the great version of yourself in a short time.
And our life will never change until we change our habits, so the choice is yours either to cultivate or practice these habits or not.
Start with one or two things that feel manageable for yourself and work up as time passes.
The most important thing is staying positive while doing so because anything is possible if we believe in ourselves hard enough (or at least try really hard)
But trust me, you would definitely want to stick to these positive habits that will make you create an epic life.