If your husband has cheated on you, you are probably feeling a wide range of emotions: hurt, anger, betrayal, embarrassment, and even relief. One of the surest ways to help yourself heal quickly is by reading cheating husband quotes.
While it is natural to want to curl up in a ball and hide away from the world, there’s something that I want you to remember “that you are not alone”.
I know thousands of women have gone through what you are going through right now, and many of them have found the strength to move on.
That’s why I’ve compiled these quotes. These quotes can help you feel understood, comforted, and motivated to start the next chapter of your life.
Here are some of our favorite cheating husband quotes that will comfort your bleeding heart.
Famous Cheating Husband Quotes
1. “It’s better to be alone than to be with someone who makes you feel alone.” – Shannon L. Alder
When your husband cheats on you, it can make you feel isolated and alone—even if he is still physically present in your life.
This quote is a reminder that it is better to be by yourself than to be with someone who does not make you feel loved and valued.
If your husband is cheating on you, it means that he does not respect or appreciate you. You deserve so much better than that.
2.”Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before.” – Maya Angelou
It is easy to beat yourself up for not seeing the signs that your husband was cheating on you.
However, it is important to remember that we cannot see into the future and we cannot change what has already happened.
Instead of dwelling on the past, focus on forgiving yourself and building a new future for yourself—one where you deserve only the best.
3. “The moment that you find out that he’s cheating, it feels like your whole world comes crashing down.” – Carrie Underwood
4. “The hardest part about catching a cheater is reconciling the fact that the person who YOU trusted and loved was capable of lying and hurting you.” – Unknown
5. “The pain of being cheated on is not just in being lied to but also in knowing that while you were being faithful to him, he was out there sleeping with other women.” – Unknown
This quote really captures the feelings of betrayal and hurt that come along with finding out your husband has been unfaithful.
It’s hard enough to deal with the fact that he was sleeping with someone else. But knowing that he was doing it while you were faithful to him makes it even worse.
6. “My husband cheated on me with my best friend. So now, every time I see her, I picture her naked.” – Unknown
7. “The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open.” – Groucho Marx
8. “When a man cheats on his woman, it’s not because he stopped loving her, but because he started loving himself more.” – Unknown
9. “The only thing worse than a liar is a liar that’s also a hypocrite!” – Tennessee Williams
10. “Cheaters never prosper.” – English Proverb
11. “Once a cheat, always a cheat.” – Dutch Proverb
12. “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” – Chinese Proverb
13. “The way to make a man chase you is to run away from him.” – Marilyn Monroe
14. “The people who are meant to be in our lives will always find their way back to us. No matter how far or how long they stay away.” – The Notebook
15. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
16. “The moment your heart trusts someone with its happiness is the moment you give them power over you.” -Unknown
17. “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” -Maya Angelou
18. “The only thing worse than finding out your husband is cheating on you is finding out he’s been cheating on you for years.” -Unknown
19. “I’m not saying that I don’t forgive him. I’m just saying that I don’t forget.” -Unknown
20. “It’s not what he did that hurt me the most. It’s what he did afterward that killed me.” -Unknown
21. “I never stopped loving him. I just stopped showing it.” -Unknown
22. “Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different.” –Oprah Winfrey
23. “The hardest part about forgiving someone is realizing they never cared in the first place.” -Unknown
24. “By forgiving him, I released myself from a lifetime of bitterness and anger.” -Unknown
25.”Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted one. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.” -Lewis B. Smedes
26. “The first step toward ending the cycle of betrayal is to understand how deep the roots of pain go.” – Pia Mellody
27. “The moment your heart trusts someone with its happiness is the moment you give them power over you.” -Unknown
28. “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” -Maya Angelou
29. “Marriage is the only adventure open to the cowardly.” – Thomas Hardy
30. “A man who cheats on his wife may have been tempted by another woman he didn’t marry.” – Unknown
31. “The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.”
32. “If a man cheats on his wife…it shows he is not ready for marriage.”
33. “I know what it’s like to be cheated on. And I know how it feels. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to go through that.”
34. “I need to be with someone who makes me feel like I make them feel – loved, cherished, appreciated, and respected. Do you know anyone like that? Because if you do, then maybe we can talk… but until then, I have no interest in wasting my time with someone who doesn’t value me as much as I value myself!”
35. “A man who cheats on his wife is not a criminal; he’s just lacking in imagination.” – Laurence J. Peter
36. “Being married to a cheater is like being in a bad horror movie. You think it can’t possibly get any worse, and then it does.”
37. “When someone cheats on you, they prove that they are not worthy of being with you.
If you’re struggling to forgive your cheating husband, know that you’re not alone.
These cheating husband quotes perfectly capture all of the emotions you may be feeling—from anger and betrayal to forgiveness and understanding.
By reading and reflecting on these quotes, we hope you’ll find solace in knowing that others have gone through similar experiences. Remember, healing takes time—but it is possible.