A quite number of people desire intimate connections with their partners.
Intimacy is one of the things that keep partners together because it helps them to develop a sense of trust and connection to each other. Also, intimacy builds relationship satisfaction and prevents couples from being apart from each other.
Intimate questions for couples can also help build a strong and trusted relationship.
Once you realize the importance of intimacy and how to bring up conversations that aid intimacy then, you are ready to explore potential questions you can ask.
In this article, I’ll be listing out various types of intimate questions that you can ask your partner that will breed intimacy between you both and give you the opportunity to get to know each other better.
Below are the major types of intimate questions to ask your partner.
- Questions about themselves
- Questions about their past
- Questions about their future
- Questions about sex
- General intimate questions
- Questions About Themselves
At the beginning of a relationship, it is crucial to get to know your partner. Asking things about their childhood and their preferences or habits can give you an idea of who they really are as a person.
1. Questions about themselves
- What’s your favorite meal and color?
Questions like this make you know what they prefer, and it also helps you know what color of gifts to get for them.
2. Describe your family background.
Knowing their family background gives you a snippet about them.
3. What’s your favorite hobby?
You sure want to know what interest your partner the most.
4. What did you want to be as a kid?
Getting to know what they wanted to be and comparing it to what they are now is a great way to know your partner.
5. What nicknames do people call you?
6. What’s your biggest dream?
Knowing your partner’s dreams makes you aware of their worldview
7. What’s your greatest fear?
8. Describe your educational background.
9. What are your likes and dislikes?
Knowing their likes and dislikes makes you carefree about how you deal with them
10. What’s your love language?
Asking for your partner’s love language and knowing it gives you a platform to know the best medium to express your love to them.
2. Intimate Questions To Ask Your Partner Questions About The Past
Another set of intimate questions to ask your partner are questions about the past.
Learning about your partner’s past experiences through intimate questions is a better way to strengthen your relationship.
Moreover, you must be careful not to judge them for their failures or shortcomings and not allow jealousy to jeopardize your relationship.
You should ask them in such a way that wouldn’t nurse disagreement or misunderstanding at the end of the conversation.
1. Have you ever committed a crime?
2. How many serious relationships have you had in the past?
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
4. Have you ever had a near-death experience?
5. Why did your last relationship end?
6. What is your most profound regret?
7. Have you ever cheated on someone in a past relationship?
8. Is there a time you were close to cheating and went against it?
9. Have you ever smoked or done drugs?
10. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
3. Intimate Questions To Ask Your Partner About Love
Intimacy is a vital part of any serious relationship. If you want to know and build intimacy, just ask intimate questions about love.
Asking questions about love makes you know what triggers affection and feeling in your partner. And this is one of the bedrock of having a lasting relationship.
1. How do you like to be complimented?
2. What can I do to show my love for you?
3. What is your turn-on?
4. When did you know you loved me?
5. Do you have any doubts about our love lasting?
6. Do you believe in true love or love at first sight?
7. Do you prefer thoughtful gifts or something more practical?
8. Do you think people are made for each other?
9. Has there been a hurtful experience in the past that made you doubt the existence of true love?
10. How do you personally express your love?
11. How best do you want to be loved?
4. Questions About The Future
Many relationships fail because the couples didn’t agree on the same future. It is important to ask questions about the future in order to discover what your partner expects from the future and see if their ambition or goals are compatible with yours.
Questions like this are very important if you’re very sure that the relationship is definitely leading to marriage.
1. Is marriage important to you?
2. What are your aims and objectives for your career?
3. Where do you think this relationship will lead to next year?
4. What is your opinion about having children?
5. How would you feel if we are unable to have children?
6. How would you feel a day would look for us if we are married with children?
7. What would be your plans for our elderly parents if they could no longer live on their own?
8. Can we run a joint account?
9. Can we run a business together?
10. What are your goals for saving for retirement?
5. Questions About Sex
When it comes to sex there’s more to discover than you might think. Ask these sexual questions and learn about you and your partner’s preferences, and how you can bring those together to create the best relationship possible.
Asking questions like this doesn’t only make your sexual life mind-blowing but it as well gives you knowledge of your partner’s sexual preference.
1. How often would you like to have sex?
2. What would make our sexual relationship better for you?
3. Where and how do you like to be touched?
4. Do you have any sexual fantasies you think about often?
5. Is there anything sexual we have not tried that you would love to try?
6. When did you have your first sex?
7. Have you ever been caught having sex?
8. What was your most embarrassing sexual experience?
9. Have you ever sent your nudes to someone?
10. What’s the first thing that sexually attracts you to someone?
6. Other Intimate Questions To Ask
Beyond the specific categories listed above, there are some additional intimate questions to keep the conversation going. They are as follows:
1. Are you more introverted or extroverted?
2. What is something you admire about me?
3. Is there anything you regretted from much younger?
4. What accomplishment from your life makes you more proud?
5. When you are upset, do you want to talk about it, or would you prefer I give you space?
6. If you could go back in time and change one decision you’ve made throughout your life, what would it be?
7. What part of our relationship makes you happy?
8. What is one thing that you think is unforgivable in a relationship?
9. Were there any beliefs your parents had that you grew to reject as an adult?
10. What is something I do that annoys you?
11. Do you think we will make a beautiful couple together?
12. How best can we train our kids?
Intimacy is important in relationships because it brings couples together, builds trust, and makes them satisfied with the relationship.
These intimate questions to ask your partner are great ways to start a conversation and get to know yourselves on a deeper level.
You can always take out time to ask your partner these questions in a lovable and alluring manner.
Asking intimate questions can keep your relationship stronger.