When it comes to overnight Oats, Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats is one of my favorites. It has a rich texture, and you’ll enjoy this more if you decide to use coconut milk or almond milk for the liquid base.
The combination of both peanut butter and cocoa powder for this recipe is overwhelming. They both bring out the sweetness in this recipe, and they’re completely a healthy choice.
I love my Overnight Oats so much because as a working mom of three little kids, it makes life easier for me. They are termed grabs-and go breakfast in my home.
I’ve made this chocolate peanut butter overnight oats uncountable times, and I’m not even tired of it yet. Each time, it comes out perfect and delicious It’s palatable to my soul and mind.
What Are Overnight Oats?
It’s just rolled or old fashion oats that have been soaked overnight in the liquid of your choice. It could be water, almond milk, milk, coconut milk, or Greek yogurt.
It requires less time, no cooking, no gas or stove, and no pot to make.
Why Overnight Oats?
Here are some of the reasons you should consider overnight oats especially if you do have a busy day like me.
- It saves you a lot of time: This takes less than 10 minutes to put together. It’s prepared ahead of time, so you don’t have to skip your breakfast again. Breakfast shouldn’t be skipped, it’s the most important meal of the day.
- You’ll have a healthy breakfast: Overnight oats will prevent you from unhealthy breakfast, at least you’re sure of the ingredients that go in your body since you prepare this yourself.
- No cooking, no pot, and no stove required: All you need for this recipe is a 16-ounce mason Jar or a bowl to assembly your ingredients. And you’re are good to go.
- It saves cost: Homemade overnight oats saves cost. It costs more to buy this from the breakfast shops. But if you make this at home, you’ll spend less.
Are Overnight Oats Healthy?
Overnight Oats are completely healthy and nutritious, It’s health benefits can not be overemphasized. It’s rich in fiber and proteins, they also contain generous amounts of vitamins and minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, copper, and Iron. This makes it healthy for the body and the overall well being.
How Many Days Can They Last Long?
Overnight Oats can last for about five days in the refrigerator. What I normally do is to prepare my Oats from Sunday evening, this would last us throughout the five days of the week from Monday to Friday.
It should not be stored for more than 5 days. Five days in maximum as you will start seeing the liquid separating from the Oats.
I also leave out the toppings such as nuts, granola, fresh fruits, coconut flakes until some hours before consuming them. I love to eat them fresh, I don’t like them getting soften alongside the Oats while they sit in the fridge.
Can I Cook Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats?
I’ve heard some people say they can’t imagine themselves eating overnight Oats cold in the morning especially in winter during the cold. The truth is overnight Oats are more enjoyable in summer but that doesn’t mean we can’t also enjoy this in winter.
If you can’t eat it cold, just warm a little bit in the microwave, stir and eat while warm.
Overnight Oats Vs Regular Oats
Overnight Oats are better than Regular Oats and more nutritious. Letting your Oats sit in the refrigerator for some hours or in a couple of days makes your Oatmeal super creamy. It also gives them a chewy texture which makes breakfast more fun than the regular Oats.
What Are The Important Ingredients For Overnight Oats
Overnight Oats can be customized with nuts, fruits, peanut butter, your favorite spreads, and jams. But there are Important ingredients that are indispensable while making your overnight Oats. These are:
Your number one ingredient is your Oatmeal, It could be rolled Oats or old fashioned oats. Some people also make use of Quaker Oats. This depends on your choice. As far as I’m concerned, both are good to go.
The liquid is one of the ingredients that you cannot do without when preparing your overnight Oats. You can use any liquid base of your choice: regular milk, almond milk, coconut milk, water and you can also make use of yogurt.
But sometimes I do combine almond milk and yogurt for my Oatmeal. Almond milk is my favorite.
Nuts and fruits always make great toppings, which makes the overnight oats extremely enjoyable. You may occasionally switch between nuts, and fruits, or use both together. Walnut, almond, berries, banana, among a few, make great toppings.
Spice up your Overnight Oats by drizzling some healthy sweetener such as honey and syrup to elevate the taste.
Seeds such as chia-seed and pumpkin seed add to the health benefits of overnight oats. But this is completely optional as some do not fancy seeds in their meals.
Flavors complement overnight oats by adding a distinctive taste to them. Flavor such as vanilla, coconut flakes, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Qats Ingredients
1/2 cup rolled or old fashioned Oats
2 tablespoon Cacao powder
a pinch of salt
155 ml almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon peanut butter
handful chocolate chips
handful almond nuts
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- In a jar or a bowl add the Oats and the Chia seed. (I normally mix mine in a bowl before transferring it to a jar)
- Add the Cacao powder, a pinch of salt peanut butter, syrup, and stir to combine.
- Add the milk, and make sure they are well combined.
- Then at this juncture, add your toppings: chocolate chips, more peanut butter, and the almond nuts or any nut of your choice.
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
- Take it out in the morning, stir again, and enjoy your yummy breakfast.
You might also want to check out this another variation of the overnight oats:
Banana Blueberry Overnight Oats
How To Make Delicious Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
7 Powerful Health Benefits Of Eating Oats And Oatmeal
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- A bowl
- 16-ounce mason Jar
- ½ cup rolled or old fahioned Oats
- 2½ tablespoon cacao powder
- a pinch of salt
- 155 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- a handful chocolate chips
- a handful of any nut your choice
- coconut flakes (optional)
- In a jar or a bowl, add the oats and the chia seed
- Add the cacao powder, a pinch of salt, peanut butter, syrup, and stir to combine.
- Add the milk and make sure they're well combined.
- Then add your topping: chocolate chips, nuts, and finally additional peanut butter and coconut flakes
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
- Take it out in the morning, stir and enjoy!
save for later